Sunday, June 20, 2010

damaged

she did it to me again
ambushed me
i never saw it coming
and i'm weaker again
damaged
and i find myself crying "i'm not like her, i'm not like her"
but i'm so scared i am
why is she so god damned blind! How does she not think she's damaged us???
I fight every day not to be like her
not to chase him away
to trust him completely
yet i prepare, for the inevitable loss sometimes
no one wants damaged goods
i spend my time apologizing for who i am
i spend my time worrying about something that isn't there
i don't want to be like her
i don't want to be alone because i'm great a fucking things up
i wanted more for my children than she gave me
and yet....i couldn't get that right either
and now .... i worry for the loss of near perfection i have at this time
you see...today she told me i'm just like her
and i'm going to end up just like her
and he's going to leave....just like it happened to her
today i feel hopeless, helpless


No comments:

Post a Comment